CHENNAI: Eleven days after the dramatic arrest of P Ramkumar in the Swathi murder case, two witnesses — Swathi’s father and a bookseller on the Nungambakkam railway platform — have identified him as the software engineer’s assailant.
At an identification parade conducted in Puzhal prison on Tuesday, Swathi’s father Santhana Goplakrishnan was first called in to identify the man who hacked his daughter, from the ten men who stood in a file. Gopalakrishnan identified the man standing fourth from the left, wearing a maroon colour shirt and black trousers, as the killer . It was Ramkumar.
Police said they included Gopalakrishnan as a witness as he had, during interrogation, said his daughter once showed him her stalker. Sivakumar, a bookseller at the railway station, was called in as the other witness. He too identified as the assailant , Ramkumar who the prison officers had moved to the ninth place in the line of men, after the first witness left.
As per the instructions of the chief metropolitan magistrate, IX metropolitan magistrate Sankar presided over the identification parade held in the high security block of Puzhal prison- II.
Soon after the witnesses identified the assailant, the details were recorded. The exercise was videographed. After completing the formalities, magistrate Sankar told reporters he would submit the report to the II metropolitan magistrate court in Egmore through the chief metropolitan magistrate.”
Prison doctors examined Ramkumar at the hospital before sending him for the identification parade. Nine other suspects from the remand prisoners’ block in Prison-II, who are in the same age group, were made to stand for the parade. Since Ramkumar, who slashed his throat before he was arrested from his house in Meenakshipuram on July 1, had bandage on his neck, the other inmates were made to wear bandage.
- I was stalked by someone…swathi’s last sms
- Chennai techie murder case: Police to conduct identification parade for accused Ramkumar tomorrow
- Shocking news and gossips are getting day by day about Swathi’s murder
- Infosys techie’s ‘remark on accused’s appearance led to her murder’
- Who is Ramkumar ? -Swathi Murder Case
- Swathi murder: Young engineer Ramkumar arrested, here is what we know about him
- New Video Has Been Caught In Case Of Infosys Techie Swathi’s Murder: A new twist in this case
- Techie knew she was stalked by the suspect