Tamil Nadu WeatherMan Special Announcement – Dry Air to enter Cyclone Kyant and it will start to weaken it today. Onset of monson likely on 30th October
Cyclone Kyant is a strong cyclone but shortly dry air will enter Cyclone core. We have seen Super Cyclones killed by Dry Air within hours. This Kyant is nothing before the Dry Air. The Cyclone will weaken into Deep Depression / Depression tomorrow.
Good News – Onset of Monsoon on month end and no cyclone threat to Tamil Nadu
As Kyant Weakens it will push the weak system as a low pressure or a trough of low to North TN coast. This will trigger the onset of our North East Monsoon over Tamil Nadu.
Rains may start on 29th Night and good rains is expected on 30th October on Chennai.
This is Neutral Enso / Weak Lanina year with negative IOD year – So expecting Cyclone after cyclone this NEM season. Where it goes defines the rainfall.
issued on 26.10.2016 @ 1.00 pm
Cortesy: Tamil Nadu Weatherman
- Very Severe Cyclone Vardah is very close lies 90-100 kms off Chennai coast
- Tamil Nadu Weatherman Special update – Tomorrow Chennai will see landfall of Severe Cyclone with 100km/hr winds
- Cyclone Alert for North TN coast – Cyclone Vardah is expected to make landfall between Mahabalipuram and Nellore somewhere close to Chenna
- Pull effect rains possible in Chennai today and tomorrow morning
- As the rain bands, move away sun shows its face over Chennai
- Chennai and nearby coastal areas are getting steady rains while the Cyclone