Very Severe Cyclone Vardah is very close lies 90-100 kms off Chennai coast, intense bands see close to the centre. The good news is that weakening process is started atlast and the Cyclone intensity has dropped from 75 knots to 67 knots in last 2 hours and will weaken as severe Cyclone in the next 30 mins.
Cyclone Vardah is moving fast and we are heading for early landfall ? Let me get back on that. Meanwhile, rains are going to be heavy from now on. Winds no doubt will increase in strength.
Chennai city just few mins back recorded 51.8 km/hr gusts and rainfall till 8.30 am is 60 mm.
Very Severe Cyclonic Storm Vardah – the Cyclone has not weakened as expected and steady rains continue in Chennai, Tiruvallur and Kancheepuram district. Henceforth, the Rain intensity will pickup.
Rains are not the worry now !!!. Its going by the script as said in earlier post steady rains and the rain intensity are expected to increase as we go into the day till time of cyclone crossing the Coast.
Winds is the problem now, the cyclone is still maintaining intensity and JTWC has increased the intensity of winds speeds at time of Landfall while IMD is maintaining the same. But i am have a feel that we are going to record over 100 km/hr winds at time of landfall. I AM VARY OF THE WINDS AT LANDFALL. PLEASE STAY AT HOME AT TIME OF LANDFALL. We may also see the eye of Cyclone passing over Chennai. There will be calm and then again winds start to smash at the time of landfall.
Landfall may start to happen around noon / nearly evening and will complete by late evening or early night.
ONE GUST OF 40 KM/HR AND THE POWERS ARE CUT IN CITY – I WILL TRY TO POST THE NEXT UPDATE WITH THE LAPTOP BATTERY BACK UP AND HOTSPOT.
Courtesy : Tamil Nadu Weatherman
- Breaking News – IMD has increased the landfall windspeeds to 110 km/hr-Please take this as serious advice. Stay at home for next few hours.
- Very Severe Cyclone Vardah is very close lies 90-100 kms off Chennai coast
- Tamil Nadu Weatherman Special update – Tomorrow Chennai will see landfall of Severe Cyclone with 100km/hr winds
- Cyclone Alert for North TN coast – Cyclone Vardah is expected to make landfall between Mahabalipuram and Nellore somewhere close to Chenna
- Pull effect rains possible in Chennai today and tomorrow morning
- As the rain bands, move away sun shows its face over Chennai
- Chennai and nearby coastal areas are getting steady rains while the Cyclone